Like all things related to your business, how you are managing your time and interacting with team members needs a periodic overhaul as well. Use the following as a checklist for fine-tuning your processes, team activities and the precious hours of your work day.
Do a Big Picture Overview: Take a hard look at your day/week/month. How can you free up two hours per week to focus on more pressing tasks like income producing opportunities or ongoing education?
- Do you have specific priorities to accomplish today/this week? How do you make sure you accomplish these items?
- How much time are you putting into worrying about what you need to do, vs. doing it?
- Are you keeping work and personal tasks separate so they don’t take time from each other?
- What are you doing now that could be eliminated or changed? Is there anything that can be outsourced?
Meetings: Meetings can be a blessing, or a huge waste of time. Here are some hard questions to ask:
- Is every meeting you’re scheduling necessary?
- Are you clarifying the purpose and the need?
- Are you structuring meetings with action items first?
- Are you setting a time budget for your meetings or letting them drone on forever?
- As the business owner, are there meetings you need to be in attendance the entire duration, or ones you can trust to leave to team members?
- Meetings can also be expensive since you are paying staff or team members to be in attendance. Are there meetings that could be merged, pared down or eliminated all together?
Time Management: We all know there are only so many hours in the day. Ask yourself these questions to identify areas of concern for yourself or your team:
- Are you shutting off or reducing distractions/interruptions to complete your priorities?
- Are you providing other staff/team members sufficient time to complete their portion of the project so they can plan accordingly?
- Is everyone meeting deadlines? If not, how are these missed deadlines slowing down your success, and what can be done to eliminate or correct the issue?
- Are you using technology as efficiently as possible? Are you working social media strategically, or getting sucked into time-wasting activities?
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up ecommerce solutions, membership sites, web design and maintenance, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!