Social Networking continues to be a major game changer in the way we network and do business. And, it’s here to stay. The internet has completely and fundamentally changed how people find and share information. The days when all you needed was a really big ad in the Yellow Pages are gone. In today’s world, potential clients, customers and even employees are all about finding people, places and things, quickly on their computer or their phones or tablets. It’s quicker, faster, better, more!
In 2014, Social Media Examiner reported that a whopping 92% of all marketers reported their social media efforts have generated more exposure for their businesses. Most marketers used social media to develop loyal fans (72%) and gain marketplace intelligence (71%).
Engaging in Social Media on a consistent basis will …
- Help you learn more about, and engage interactively with, prospective clients and customers.
- Provide an easy platform for your customers to give feedback, make requests and suggestions.
- Help you gain credibility and align yourself as a “thought leader” or “go to” company/person in your industry.
- Peel back the layers of your business and allow customers to see the real you. It gives your business a human “face” and personality.
- Increase your visibility: Out of sight out of mind. NOT being online and engaged is NOT an option anymore.
- Maintain a balance with the competition because they are is doing it; and doing it well.
- Let you tap into a broader audience and connect with potential clients beyond the physical boundaries of your community, state and even county.
- Grow your business, gain new clients, and increase profits.
The Raw and Real Facts of Social Networking:
Your customers are talking about you on the Internet and it’s happening whether you like it or not. Anyone with an Internet connection, a Smart Phone or a tablet can make their opinions known and comment on anything and everything they choose, whenever they choose. We are a mobile society, which means your reputation is online and on-the-line. Ignoring the fact is not an option anymore, so reputation management is a must!We are a mobile society, which means your reputation is online and on-the-line. Ignoring the fact is not an option anymore, so reputation management is a must!Click To Tweet
Social Media erases the physical boundaries of potential customers and clients, colleagues, referral partners, friends; you name it … and allows us to build relationships socially, in real-time. It is now easier than ever to connect with potential customers and clients, and it accelerates our ability to communicate with them about every facet of our business in a way we never imagined possible. Building relationships through social media gives us the ability to build brand awareness and get to know people on a more personal basis at the same time. Social Media is all about building relationships. The relationship comes first … then the sale.
It doesn’t matter if you’re just starting out or ramping up your current social media efforts. Create objectives that guide your online behavior and watch how your community responds. Over time, you can fine-tune your actions so you can elicit the best responses from your community. Having clear and measurable objectives for social media is important to your success. You need a strategic plan, and you need to be very specific regarding your purpose for being on social media and what you want to accomplish. Being on Facebook for the sake of being on Facebook just doesn’t cut it. Increasing brand awareness, getting new clients, building your list, or engaging customers or prospects in a dialog to better understand their expectations are all great “purposes.” Just make sure you know what yours is.
Things to Remember:
Social media needs to be thought of in terms of a two-way conversation and not just “here are some new places I can blast my links.” Too often companies rely on Social Media as another advertising channel. It’s not. Social Media is an avenue that allows you to get to know people, build and nurture relationships, and stay in touch. As I said before … build the relationship first. The sale will follow.
To learn more about why you should be using Social Media in your business, download our Free Report how NOT to fall prey to Super Speaker Syndrome, and how to unleash your super powers!
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- How To Spread The Wealth Of Your Content! - December 11, 2017
- What The Heck Happened To My Facebook Group Cover? - December 7, 2017
- 10 Self-Care Tips To Help You Enjoy And Get More Out Of The Holidays - December 5, 2017