That’s it … I’ve finally decided to jump on the bandwagon of business owners who have decided that enough is enough when it comes to 1ShoppingCart.com’s latest policy changes.
1) Always a brilliant move (NOT)! Make your customers pay $29 per month if they want to speak to tech support on the phone. Now, when you call tech support, if you don’t pay for their monthly support service, they tell you to hang up and open a ticket. Strike 1!
2) Very early last year they caught on to the fact that many of their customers were using WishList Member – one of many third party software applications that require an API key to integrate with the shopping cart. Well apparently, the powers that be figured they were losing a boatload of money by making the API Key available with just the Basic 1SC account (autoresponder/shopping cart package @ $59 per month), so they changed their policy to require customers to purchase the $99 per mo nth pro package in order to get the API Key. Strike 2!
3) As if their customers weren’t already paying what many already felt was an unusually high monthly fee at $99 per month, they let the bomb drop that they were increasing their rates. And increase them they did! 1SC increased the Pro account to … get this … $129 per month. Wow, $129 per month! That’s a 30% increase PER MONTH! Strike 3 … you’re OUT!!!
I believe one major fail on the part of Web.com (the owners of 1SC) was and is continuing to think they are the only game in town. Unfortunately for them, they are not. Yes, this tip ezine is powered by 1SC, but I don’t have or need the full shopping cart package – just the autoresponder package, which was only increased by $5 – so the urgency isn’t that great for me. Plus, I really dislike in aWeber, and need to scope out my other options before making the switch – but make the switch I will!! However … I’ve alr eady been approached by several of my clients and will be helping them determine which shopping cart system will best meet their needs, and as laborious as it might turn out to be, will be helping them make the switch to another system that will do everything 1SC can do (and maybe more) at a much lower cost, and hopefully backed by a company whose definition of customer service is not based on how many $$$$ go into their pockets!
Here are two of the top contenders I’ve found so far. And no, neither one of them are affiliate links!.
Red Oak Cart (Pretty much everything you get with the 1SC pro account, but only $77 per month)
Premium Web Cart Soooo much better than 1SC at $99.97 per month. Upgrade to elite for $149.97 per month and get the full CRM and some other goodies! Check out their cart comparison feature to see all of their exclusive features and more!
Check them out carefully and get back to me if you have any questions. I’m still on the lookout for others, and may be putting a more comprehensive list with pros and cons together soon. If I do, I’ll be sure to share my findings with you.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Has The Facebook Apocalypse Actually Begun? - January 18, 2018
- Do You Know What To Do In The Wake Of Facebook’s New Algorithm Changes? - January 16, 2018
- Do You Have Conversations With Your Social Media Followers? - January 15, 2018