Let’s face it, we all know it’s harder than ever to get and keep potential customer’s attention these days. I’d hate to say people have the attention span of a goldfish…but sometimes they do. With that in mind any little tip, hint, or technique we can use to draw readers in, and convince them to stay, is all good.
– Use catchy titles that grab attention: Ask a question, give a hard-and-fast benefit, or tell your visitor how you’ve benefitted from the product or service
– Prove It: Don’t just tell people “it worked for me.” Explain in detail how it worked for you. Be transparent, authentic, and honest
– Avoid excessive exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like insincere hype.
– Remember WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS LIKE BEING SHOUTED AT and it’s a sure-fire way to encourage visitors to hit the “back” button.
– Stick to the “Three S’s” – Simple, Smooth, and Skim-able: People are being inundated by so much information lately they tend to “skim.” Break your paragraphs into manageable chunks, use subheadings, and implement bullet points to make it easier for readers to digest and stay interested in your article.
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!