Let’s face it, we all know it’s harder than ever to get and keep potential customer’s attention these days. I’d hate to say people have the attention span of a goldfish…but sometimes they do. With that in mind any little tip, hint, or technique we can use to draw readers in, and convince them to stay, is all good.
– Use catchy titles that grab attention: Ask a question, give a hard-and-fast benefit, or tell your visitor how you’ve benefitted from the product or service
– Prove It: Don’t just tell people “it worked for me.” Explain in detail how it worked for you. Be transparent, authentic, and honest
– Avoid excessive exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like insincere hype.
– Remember WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS LIKE BEING SHOUTED AT and it’s a sure-fire way to encourage visitors to hit the “back” button.
– Stick to the “Three S’s” – Simple, Smooth, and Skim-able: People are being inundated by so much information lately they tend to “skim.” Break your paragraphs into manageable chunks, use subheadings, and implement bullet points to make it easier for readers to digest and stay interested in your article.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Has The Facebook Apocalypse Actually Begun? - January 18, 2018
- Do You Know What To Do In The Wake Of Facebook’s New Algorithm Changes? - January 16, 2018
- Do You Have Conversations With Your Social Media Followers? - January 15, 2018