The Internet is filled to the brim with amazing apps and tools these days, and many of them are at no cost. Yes some may be silly and non-essential, but some are pretty awesome too. Here’s my list of current “top picks” of free helper tools for busy business owners:
1. TwitCleaner: www.twitcleaner.com Silly name, but pretty effective tool. What’s cool about TwitCleaner, is that it weeds out the “junk” from your Twitter Followers. The idea is quality vs. quantity. This handy little tool identifies your followers who:
- Have Potentially Dodgy Behavior: An example would be posting nothing but links or posting identical tweets.
- Are MIA: Shows who of your followers haven’t posted in over 30 days or more.
- Hardly Follow Anyone: Why follow someone if they are not going to follow you back?
2. Bubble.us: www.bubble.us . Brainstorm online with bubbl.us and easily create colorful mindmaps to print or share with others. What I like is that it’s easy peasey with almost no learning curve. There’s a free version and a paid version too. Diagrams on paper are cool, but diagrams on the internet are cooler. J
3. Google Alerts: http://www.google.com/alerts What’s one of the best ways to keep tabs on your industry, target market, and maybe even your competition? Setting up keyword alerts with Google Alerts. Simply load words, names, or phrases you want to monitor and Google Alerts will email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on those queries.
4. Wisestamp: http://www.wisestamp.com/ Your email signature is an often neglected, but still a valuable tool of marketing and spreading your brand. It is an easy tool that can help turn your email signature into a resource list for clients – complete with clickable links. Wisestamp’s impressive add on list includes options to add your Social icons, latest Tweets, latest listings on your eBay store, IM Services Icon and even random quotes. The only bummer to Wisestamp is that all of your lovely links and icons do not show for anyone viewing your email via the default configuration of Outlook. But other than that, it’s a great resource for spreading your brand and promoting your business.
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!