I’m curious regarding how many of you are still trying to do it all alone? And for those of you who are still trying to do it all alone, how many of you can honestly say you don’t suffer from marketing overwhelm?
Obviously, the “do it all” to which I’m referring is in relation to operating a business. Are you running the business, or is the business running you?
I believe if you’re trying to make “it all” happen without any help, or without the right help, you’re likely spinning your wheels and will never get the traction you need to launch yourself into that elusive next stratosphere of success.
There are a few reasons why a speaker or coach (or any other type of solopreneur) would be making a conscious decision to keep operating without any help:
- Your Pride. Are you holding onto the reigns because you want to be able to say you did it all without any help? I hope you realize you won’t get an award for that! If you’re doing a great job running your business alone, imagine how much better it could be with someone else injecting their energy, ideas, and expertise into it!
- You’re a Perfectionist. Do you keep resisting the idea of delegating tasks because you don’t think anyone can do things as good as you can? Or you just do things because it’s easier and faster to do them rather than having to show someone else how? If you continue trying to do everything, you are at risk of burn out. Partnering with the right person (or persons) could take the weight of the world off your shoulders. You might even find someone more qualified than you are 😉
- You’ve Been Burned. Maybe you’ve hired someone before to help you and things didn’t go well. Just because things didn’t work out with one person doesn’t mean they will never work out! If you’ve had one bad experience with a mechanic, do you never take your car for repair anywhere else, ever again? Didn’t think so!
- You don’t want to incur the Expense. Think you can’t afford to hire someone to help you? It’s more likely you can’t afford not to find some sort of professional to give you a hand. How much money can you earn in one hour? Compare that to what you would spend for the services of a professional, who is an expert in their field, to do the same task. I bet you’ll find that getting assistance works out to be a bargain.
- You’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to start. Maybe you think your business is in too much of a state for someone to come in and help; but the longer you keep it up, the harder it will be! Trust me. No matter how disorganized you think things are, the experts who could help you will be able to see their way through.
As you can see, there’s a counter argument for every reason you can think of to not enlist help in your business. As an entrepreneur myself, I know how hard it can be to take that big step. But I also know I couldn’t do what I do without the skills and support of my team. How can you possibly do all the work, market your services, liaise with customers and clients, manage the finances, keep up your blog, freshen your website, and all of the other things required to do business and keep it humming along … and make money at the same time?Marketing overwhelm is NOT fun, so if you’re still trying to do it all, stop!Click To Tweet
Marketing overwhelm is NOT fun, so if you’re still trying to do “it all,” stop! We know what you’re up against. We can help. I invite you to schedule a complimentary 30-minute consultation with me to chat about your specific needs in more detail, and find out how we can help you get out, and stay out, of marketing overwhelm so you can get back to doing what you do best! I think you’ll be glad you did.
Also published on Medium.
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!