Here’s another goodie from one of my favorite ezines. It’s from the June edition of The World’s Shortest Ezine (Always 200 words or less! Always!). Tom’s ezine may be short, but it always has some of the best tips.
Turn Contacts Into Contracts!
By Tom Letourneau
Networking is a powerful tool that anyone can use to increase contacts and sales. Here are some ideas to make your networking more effective:
- Come prepared! Make sure you have enough business cards, are up-to-date on current events and, yes, even sports, traffic and American Idol.
- Make your nametag readable! Write your name in LARGE block letters. Place it on your right side so when you shake hands, it moves closer to the other person.
- Have an opening line to begin a conversation! You might comment on the event or even the weather. Keep it light.
- Ask open-ended questions! Get the other person talking about their business, their favorite food or ???
- Act as host or hostess and introduce people! Use your contacts to help others make connections. You’ll have twice the contacts and lots more friends.
- Be positive and upbeat! People do business with people they like and they like friendly, happy people. If you don’t feel well or are in a bad mood, don’t go to the event.
- Have fun! A networking event can be like a big party with the added benefit of connecting with people who could buy from you.
From The World’s Shortest Ezine by Tom Letourneau (800) 845-7553 / www.TomSpeaks.net
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!