I recently attended one of the most awesome events ever! Social Media Week Lima, hosted by the fabulous Jessika Philips of Now Marketing Group. So much phenomenal content my brain is still on overload.
There were many more top-notch speakers covering a variety of topics over the course of the two days. Here are just a few of my top takeaways from the event with tips on how to rock social media!
Jason Falls: (Opening speaker setting the stage for how to succeed in social media!)
First rule of communication … know your audience. If you don’t listen to your audience and send them the right stuff at the right time, you are spraying and praying.
- Clearly understand who your product or service is for.
- Know their who, what, when, where and how.
- Listen to your audience.
- Know who your audience listens to.
- Once they buy, serve them like they’re the only one!
Don’t sell what you do … sell what your customer becomes when he interacts with you!
Give before asking!
Networking – two powerful questions!
- What do you need help with?
- Who do you want to meet most?
Phil Pallen – Shut Up and Tweet!
What should you be tweeting?
Four Tweets a day – minimum / you can double it, based on your number of followers.
- Website link: Anything about you or your business – 1 in every 4 tweets you share.
- Quick Question: Creates engagement. On brand or off brand. Example: “Coffee or tea?” would be off brand.
- Industry Buzz: An opportunity to remind your followers you are an expert in the field.
- Networking effort: Network and get to know people!
Mike Gingerich – Using Instagram for Business
5 Keys to Social Media Success:
- Be where your audience is
- Use what works on that network
- Use communication style/methods that connect
- Frequency matters
- Integrate social, web and email
- Instagram has 2x the number of Twitter users!
- Instagram stories have 200m+ daily active users.
- 33% of all Internet users are on Instagram
- Sort and search by image … drag images into the search bar
- Draw people in through boards for hobbies and things they like.
- Participate in group boards for more exposure
- Don’t binge pin! Pin consistently every day
- Pinterest is for a future purchasing intent or to get ideas
- Follow pins your personas would follow
- Leave valuable comments just like you would on any other social media platform
- Pin 5 times per day (1 or 2 of your own, the rest repins of other’s content, scattered throughout the day.
This is just a little snippet of all the great things I learned at the conference. Social media is powerful. If you’re not using it to build relationships and promote your business, why not?[optin-cat id=”8434″]
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!