Pinterest has earned the reputation for being a “chick site,” but business professionals shouldn’t let that sway them. Pinterest’s growth has been steady and currently boasts over 12 million users. This social media platform can be exceptionally beneficial when not only utilized in the most common ways, but in new ways.
– Narrow Your Focus: Long time Pinterest users can attest to the fact that it’s harder than ever to build a Pinterest following. But these same users are finding that individual Boards, not their master account, offer up a greater chance of growing a large following. Use this knowledge to drive traffic to the targeted Boards that mean the most to your business (products, services, tips and ideas) and grow your following that way.
– Targeted Efforts: Did you know studies have shown that women use Pinterest as a wish list and guys use it as a shopping cart? These same studies have revealed that customers gained via Pinterest spend more than ones gained via Facebook ($180 vs. $85). Use this knowledge to your advantage and be strategic about how you present your Pins.
– There’s Strength in Numbers: Another great way to get your info in front of new eyeballs is to join collaborative Pin boards or build your own.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Has The Facebook Apocalypse Actually Begun? - January 18, 2018
- Do You Know What To Do In The Wake Of Facebook’s New Algorithm Changes? - January 16, 2018
- Do You Have Conversations With Your Social Media Followers? - January 15, 2018