Do you market your business on Instagram? If you do, do you have a personal or business account? If you’ve got a personal account, it’s pretty easy to switch to a business account. But maybe you’re saying “what’s the difference, and why should I care?”
Instagram accounts. Personal vs. business. Click To Tweet
The three main benefits of having a business account are:
- Once you’ve provided your contact information for your business account, you’ll have a brand spanking new “contact” button on your profile. Depending on your settings, other Instagram users will be able to click on the button and choose to email you, call you, or find your location on a map.
- Switching to a business account will give you access to your Instagram “Insights,” so you can see the analytics for your posts. Knowing your stats and how your posts are doing is a good thing!
- Last but not least, business accounts have access to Instagram ads, which will allow you to promote your best performing posts.
Which brings me to another question … Did you know Instagram is owned by Facebook? Yup, it is. And what is so cool about this, is you can connect your Instagram account to your Facebook page. Not the connection that simply allows you to post your Instagram posts to Facebook; but actually integrating the two accounts lets you:
- Edit your account details on Facebook
- Manage Instagram comments from the Pages Manager app
- Create Instagram ads from Facebook
The moral of the story is: Converting a personal account into a business account is super easy to do, and provides added marketing benefits. And, integrating your new business account with your Facebook page is even easier, and provides additional control and ease of account management.
Have you switched from a personal account to a business account? Why or why not?
Also published on Medium.
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!