If you do any amount of content marketing (blogging or social media) to promote your business, or if you plan to do more, you really need to have a reliable scheduling app in place (or a team ahem that uses a great scheduling app) to keep your content flowing with ease.
While there are several scheduling apps to choose from, I personally use CoSchedule to schedule 99.9% of my content, with a smidgen of Hootsuite thrown in from time-to-time. I really like Hootsuite’s Hootlet extension for Chrome so I can auto-schedule curated content as I find it. You can read more about some of the individual programs and what they do, here. And more specifically about my favorite, CoSchedule, here! They each have their pros and cons, and it’s really just a matter of choosing the one that works best for you.
There are a number of reasons why using a scheduling app or program is important when you’re marketing with words, including social media and blog content. Here are six I came up with to share with you today:
- Everything at a glance. A social media scheduling app helps you schedule all of your social media and blog content in one place, so you can see where you have gaps.
- Diversify your content. Social media scheduling apps and software help you keep track of the types of content you’re putting out there so you can be sure you’re offering a good mix of content that provides value and benefit, and engages your audience.
- Save time. A social media scheduling app saves you from having to log in to all of your various platforms individually to schedule and/or publish content.
- Get ahead. Take one day out of your week to write and schedule everything you’ll be putting out for the week. Write it, schedule it, and you’re done. When I travel, my social media scheduling apps help me feel more at ease about being away, because I know content will continue to go out on schedule. Plus I can always check and make sure things are on track and everything is still flowing smoothly.
- Speaking of traveling … When you schedule your content ahead of time, you can make changes while on the go, if you have the app downloaded on your mobile device.
- Track it. Most of these programs (like CoSchedule and Hootsuite) track analytics so you can see what types of content are performing better than others, and on which platforms.
In today’s digital age, content marketing is critical when doing business online. In order to succeed, you need to have a good handle on what content is going out, and when. I strongly suggest you find a scheduling app that works for you, and integrate it into your business so you and your team become accustomed to using it.
Do you have any blogging tips or tricks you’d like to share?
Also published on Medium.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Are Your 2017 Goals In The Bag Or Still Up In The Air? - December 12, 2017
- How To Spread The Wealth Of Your Content! - December 11, 2017
- What The Heck Happened To My Facebook Group Cover? - December 7, 2017