If you needed any more reasons to master social media and utilize it in your PR campaigns, here are just a few. Recently ExactTarget was quoted as stating that 37 percent of Twitter users are more likely to purchase from a brand after becoming a follower, and 33 percent of Twitter users are more likely to recommend a brand after becoming a follower. What does that mean? Easy! It means that 1/3 more people might actually purchase from you or utilize your services if they follow you on Twitter. Now those numbers aren’t set in stone; however, it’s enough to warrant some serious decisions about Twitter. Bottom line – you need to start aggressively using it in your marketing plans.
And we all know the magic that article marketing brings. It establishes you as an expert in your industry. It gets you on Google’s front pages, and it allows you to write about topics you are passionate about. Definitely something else you need to be doing aggressively, as well.
The best news though for your PR campaigns is that alone they rock, but together they rule! Why not combine your marketing efforts to get the most from them? Combine your article marketing with your social media, and sit back and see the amazing results.
Here are some tips to combine your article marketing with your social media for best results:
- When you write an article, develop three or four tweets from that article. It’s easy to do, especially when you are in the writing stage of developing your article. It can become a habit. Write an article, develop tweets for that article, send out the article, and add to social media campaign. BAMM, done!
- When writing the tweet, make sure you add in the appropriate hashtags to get even more exposure. You want others in your area of expertise to see your article and when you use the appropriate hashtag they will. For example, let’s say our article involves PR tips such as this article here. We will add #PRTip to our tweet and then it gets the attention of not only those looking for PR tips, but those who provide PRtips as well. Hopefully you will see more RTs from this as well as new followers. Now that’s what I’m talking about.
- Once your article has been accepted at a quality site, choose the best place it was accepted and then tweet it. But don’t just include the link, include what it says – Example – #PRTip – Get more results when you combine your marketing efforts, here are our tips (link).
- When you see others who are writing articles in your industry and they tweet about them, go to those articles and add in comments. It helps to build relationships with others.
- Retweet good articles. Your followers appreciate solid advice so give it to them. Also, if you see good articles and they say “article is free to be reprinted as long as bio remains” consider adding those articles to your newsletter and/or blog. It gives your audience new material and helps with those relationships we keep talking about.
See how easy it can be. Now if this is something that seems to be a little overwhelming for you, then consider the assistance of an online support specialist. They can get the results you’ve always wanted because they can provide a consistent message with their articles, help you with quality tweets, and also enable you to find more of the right audience to follow.
Terry L. Green is the President of BizEase Support Solutions and with a team of qualified online support specialists, provides seamless online marketing implementation, technology and administrative support solutions to speakers and business coaches worldwide. Visit http://www.bizeasesupport.com to find out how partnering with BizEase can help you grow your business, have more time, and make more money. Article is free to be reprinted as long as bio remains.
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!