- Transcribe your speech or presentation. You can use the transcription as the basis for a book. With resources on the Internet, you can very easily publish your book without going through the traditional publishing process.
- Create an article. Once you have your speech or presentation transcribed, you can turn 500 word to 700 word passages into articles. Your articles can then be submitted to article directories or posted to your website. Remember to include a link, in your author box, to your sales page so people can click on the link and buy your book.
- Blog it. If you have created an article from your speech transcription, you can select 250 word to 350 word passages to post on your blog. Blog posts appear in search engine results and people visiting your website will see the link for them to click on to purchase your book or other products.
- Learning system. If your speech or presentation is more of an educational experience, convert your presentation into training videos, downloadable audio i.e. podcast, CDs, DVDs, etc. You can include a training manual and/or a workbook.
- Affiliate program. Once you have several products for sale, you can offer customers an affiliate program. An affiliate program allows people to earn a commission for selling your products on their website or blog.
- Teleseminars. It is not necessary to travel to conduct your speech or presentation. Companies or organizations can hire you to conduct a teleseminar. You can also offer the teleseminar and attendees register through your website.
- Voice-overs. Remember, your voice is a tool that you have perfected. You can use your speaking voice for voice-overs. There are many opportunities to help companies and organizations with their video and audio productions.
Of course being in front of a live audience is your first choice. You want to book as much as your schedule allows. However with these 7 suggestions you can parlay your speaking skills into additional income streams.