by Karen Susman
“History’s lesson is that it is precisely the times of wrenching change that humankind makes its most significant advances…that the richest personal fortunes are built, that the most enduring achievements are recorded.“
You can hate change or love change or embrace change or reject change. Change doesn’t care. It’s happening. Choke back your resistance. Here’s how:
- Adjust your attitude. Reframe the change as positive. Find the potential gain.
- Pay attention to trends. Spot them first and adjust your plan before you’re forced to.
- Focus on solutions. Don’t get stuck in problem mode. Ask yourself, “What actions can I take to manage the change I’m facing?”
- Be flexible. Have Plan B. The worst idea is having only one idea. Knowing you have several options is great relief.
- Become comfortable with risk taking. Try a risk a day regimen. Today green eggs and ham. Tomorrow the world.
- Learn continuously. You’ll keep your brain sharp and stay ahead of the curve.
- If you’re experiencing change in one area of your life, reduce changes in other areas of your life. Don’t change jobs, mates, houses and locations at the same time. Routines are your friends when you’re in the midst of change.
- Use water logic as opposed to rock logic. Water flows and adapts to its surroundings while retaining its power. Given enough friction, being rock solid can turn you into a sand pile.
- Nurture support systems. Change is smoothed with a little help from your friends.
- Know that you will be able to handle the changes in your life.
As philosopher Soren Kirkgaard said, “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
Karen Susman, Speaker/Author/Coach, works with organizations and individuals that want to maximize their performance and quality of life. Check out her free tips and articles at www.karensusman.com. Karen can be reached at 1-888-678-8818 or [email protected].
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Make it easy to share your newsletter on Social Media … - February 22, 2018
- 8 Video Marketing Strategies For A Successful 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Just How Effectively Are You Promoting Your Content? - February 19, 2018