by Karen Susman
“History’s lesson is that it is precisely the times of wrenching change that humankind makes its most significant advances…that the richest personal fortunes are built, that the most enduring achievements are recorded.“
You can hate change or love change or embrace change or reject change. Change doesn’t care. It’s happening. Choke back your resistance. Here’s how:
- Adjust your attitude. Reframe the change as positive. Find the potential gain.
- Pay attention to trends. Spot them first and adjust your plan before you’re forced to.
- Focus on solutions. Don’t get stuck in problem mode. Ask yourself, “What actions can I take to manage the change I’m facing?”
- Be flexible. Have Plan B. The worst idea is having only one idea. Knowing you have several options is great relief.
- Become comfortable with risk taking. Try a risk a day regimen. Today green eggs and ham. Tomorrow the world.
- Learn continuously. You’ll keep your brain sharp and stay ahead of the curve.
- If you’re experiencing change in one area of your life, reduce changes in other areas of your life. Don’t change jobs, mates, houses and locations at the same time. Routines are your friends when you’re in the midst of change.
- Use water logic as opposed to rock logic. Water flows and adapts to its surroundings while retaining its power. Given enough friction, being rock solid can turn you into a sand pile.
- Nurture support systems. Change is smoothed with a little help from your friends.
- Know that you will be able to handle the changes in your life.
As philosopher Soren Kirkgaard said, “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
Karen Susman, Speaker/Author/Coach, works with organizations and individuals that want to maximize their performance and quality of life. Check out her free tips and articles at www.karensusman.com. Karen can be reached at 1-888-678-8818 or [email protected].
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up ecommerce solutions, membership sites, web design and maintenance, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our bi-weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!