I subscribe to several different newsletters, for a variety of reasons. By subscribing to different types of newsletters, I find that I gain invaluable information that either helps me in my business or my personal life. From time to time, I also find articles and tid-bits that make great posts in my blog. The following is one of those tid-bits, that I found in the March 2005 issue of the NEW LEAF SYSTEMS E-NEWSLETTER, published monthly by Kerul Kassel, Personal/Business Coach, of New Leaf Systems.
I loved it, so I thought I would share just in case you haven’t already seen it . . .
The Washington Post’s Mensa Invitational once again asked readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are this year’s winners:
- Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
- Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
- Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
- Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
- Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period.
- Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
- Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn’t get it.
- Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
- Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
- Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
- Karmageddon: It’s like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it’s like, a serious bummer.
- Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
- Glibido: All talk and no action.
- Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
- Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you’ve accidentally walked through a spider web.
- Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
- Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you’re eating.
Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Has The Facebook Apocalypse Actually Begun? - January 18, 2018
- Do You Know What To Do In The Wake Of Facebook’s New Algorithm Changes? - January 16, 2018
- Do You Have Conversations With Your Social Media Followers? - January 15, 2018