by Jane Atkinson
Sometimes we get so caught up in business plans and websites and videos and blogs and newsletters that we forget to do one of the most basic marketing maneuvers.
Pick up the phone!!
Mark LeBlanc, the President of the National Speakers Association spoke in Toronto recently about the importance of consistency of our outbound client calls.
Mark talked about calling just 1 prospect every day. Now, you may want to set your goal a little higher. That’s cool. But if you pick up that phone at LEAST one time every day, things will happen.
It is crazy simple.
Ask yourself a couple of questions just to see how you are doing:
- How many times in the past 7 days did I pick up the phone (outbound) regarding new business?
- When I spoke with my prospects, was I clear about how I could help them? (This goes back to picking your lane, if you are not clear, then your calls will be ineffective). See Chapter 3 in ‘The Wealthy Speaker’ if you need help with this.
- How many of my calls were effective? Do I need to work on my approach, or my target audience?
- If I didn’t make any calls, why not? If you are busy speaking, that might be a great reason, but consider whether or not you are keeping your pipeline full for future business.
Sometimes we need a little nudge to ensure that we’re doing the basics consistently. I know this one is not rocket science so all of you will be picking up that phone – at least once – tomorrow… won’t you?
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- What Do You Mean Missing Letters Can Be A Good Thing? - February 16, 2018
- How To Get Started With A Digital Marketing Strategy! - February 13, 2018
- When Was The Last Time You Called One Of Your Clients? - February 12, 2018