If you haven’t already noticed, I am a Geek! And nothing excites the geeky side of me more than new upgrades to my favorite programs and software and business tools. I just love it.
I am especially excited about the newest version of Wishlist Member that was released yesterday … with some wonderful new upgrades that I have been patiently (well, maybe not quite so patiently) awaiting.
If you are a Certified Wishlist Developer (like I am), the site owner of an existing Wishlist Member site, or someone who wants or plans to have a Wishlist Member site in the future, then these upgrades will probably excite you too.
While there are many very nice additions to the newest upgrade that I’ll share with you below, the two that really float my boat are:
Wishlist Member finally has FULL integration with 1ShoppingCart. It’s been a long time coming, but it’s finally here. In the past, 1SC was not capable of communicating with Wishlist Member to let them know when a customer’s subscription was canceled for any reason. Site owners would have to wait until they were notified by 1SC that the subscription had been canceled and then go into Wishlist Member and manually deactivate the membership. Now, the process is automatic. Since 95% of my clients use 1SC as their shopping cart, it makes my life easier, so I am thrilled!
The Infusionsoft integration is now out of beta and released to the public. I work with many Infusionsoft clients; many of which have expressed a desire to incorporate a Wishlist Member site into their business. I’ve had access to the beta version for some time now, but as it is with most software or products in beta, there are usually a lot of bugs to work out and things to tweak to make sure they function properly; especially when that product is trying to integrate two very complex systems like Infusionsoft and Wishlist. I am so thankful for a very wonderful client that patiently worked with me during the beta testing of the software on their site. It was a tedious process, and I can’t tell you how thrilling it was to finally call them with the news when we successfully integrated the two systems – it was almost like announcing the birth of a new child. (I told you I was a geek)
In addition my two favorite updates above, some of the other upgrade features and technical improvements are:
1) Folder Protection – there is now a protected Folder feature that gives us the ability to add files to a protected folder so only members belonging to the appropriate level or levels can access the information – no more worries that people will figure out the path to your documents on the server and distribute to others.
2) Cancel Date – this nifty feature gives you greater control over the date when a specific member will be canceled from a level. You can now determine the exact date you want a specific member’s subscription to be canceled, either to shorten or extend the length of their subscription.
3) Improved Speed – a huge biggie in the technical improvement area!
4) Shopping Cart Integrations – in addition to my two favorite integration upgrades with 1ShoppingCart and Infusionsoft, Wishlist now has FULL integration with Premium WebCart, Red Oak Cart, and PayPal Sandbox (perfect for testing your PayPal integration)
5) and last but not least, is the new add-on extension for iDevAffiliate. For customers that use PayPal or any other shopping cart system that doesn’t have a built in affiliate program, this is another wonderful new feature!
If you want more detailed information about all of the upgrades and new features included in this newest upgrade – including a great video and some step by step screenshots, you can check them out at http://wishlistproducts.com/new-release-of-wishlist-member-v2-5/.
If you want to know more about our Wishlist Membership packages and how adding a membership site to your business can increase your income – or just information about the membership site plugin in general, send an email to [email protected] and we’ll be glad to help!
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up ecommerce solutions, membership sites, web design and maintenance, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our bi-weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!