If you’re looking to increase your sales, perhaps it’s time to take a proactive approach and sign up for social networking sites. Don’t be like your competition, though, and sign up for social networking sites and never use them again. You have to do more than just “be there”.
Here are six social media marketing tips that will help you outshine your competition – watch your sales increase and increase traffic to your website.
- Sign up for social networking sites. Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (also known as “The Big Three”) are the most popular. But check social networking sites in your niche market, as well. Sign up for free. The sites are easy to navigate and user-friendly – even for the technically-challenged!
- Fill out profiles. If you leave your profile information blank, you aren’t doing yourself any favors when it comes to social media marketing. Include links to your websites and blogs. This is how you get backlinks to your sites. Fill out your business contact information, email address, etc. You want potential customers to contact you!
- Keep them coming back for more. Offer a freebie, valuable information, the latest and greatest news in your industry, contests, etc. Analyze your target markets and create your message accordingly. If you sell organic-cotton baby clothes, you wouldn’t send tweets to natural gas suppliers. You would think more in terms of mommies and owners of baby boutiques. People want value, so give them what they want to keep them coming back for more.
- Include your photo. People want to do business with a face and name they trust. Include a professional photo. A photo aligns you with your business name and company and is a great branding trick!
- Don’t over sell and over market. Remember, less is more. People don’t want to be sold to all the time. You want to reel potential customers in with social media/networking messages. You don’t want to scare them away or offend them. Stop tweeting about what you ate for breakfast. Get back to the basics of your marketing message and don’t over sell your message. Stay away from “spam” messages or you’ll get blocked (not only by the sites but by other users). You want a fan base, not an “I Hate Your Business Because You Spam Me Too Much” club.
- Keep it simple. Showcase your knowledge but don’t “talk down” to your audience. Learn what works and what doesn’t work for potential customers. Remember to keep your message breezy and friendly (but with a professional edge).
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!