How Vibrant is Your Marketing Language
by Jane Atkinson
I believe that one of the most difficult thingsfor speakers to do is come up with fresh marketing language.
And using words in your speech titles or promise statements* that bureaus, audiences or decision makers might have seen 5 or 10 years ago can lose you business…. quickly!
Think about it. A meeting planner is reviewing 5 speakers for an upcoming event. Let’s say they begin by looking at each speaker’s website. One website is fresh and cutting edge, while the other 4 look boring or outdated and are using speech titles that include words like ‘believe and you can achieve’.
Now don’t get me wrong, Napoleon Hill was onto something big with the believe/achieve concept…. but the language has been used since 1960! I believe Mr. Hill would be cool with us moving on!
There is new, fresh, vibrant language out there, you just have to dig for it. Here are some steps for freshening up your marketing:
Go through all of your marketing materials and ask the questions
1. Has this language been used before?
2. Does it show the flavor of my personality and how I am unique?
3. Does this language have spark and spirit? Does it vibrate off the page?
4. Does my marketing compete with the speakers on the market today? Do I know who the hottest speaker in my category is?
5. Does this language make the client jump up and say ‘Yes! We need that!!’
If you’re blocked and want to ratchet up your creativity, take a look at some of the bestselling
books for their titles and subtitles. Seth Godin’s ‘Purple Cow: How to Transform Your
Business By Being Remarkable’ or ‘Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant’ are just a couple.
Don’t wait to make your marketing vibrant – your business depends on it.
PS: Want to know more about what’s hot in
marketing and promise statements? Check out The
Wealthy Speaker book, workbook and audio.
Speaker Launcher Tools
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Do You Have Conversations With Your Social Media Followers? - January 15, 2018
- Do You Want Awesome Apps And Products At Rock Bottom Prices? - January 11, 2018
- When Was Your Last End Of The Year Marketing Review? - January 9, 2018