This is a subject I haven’t tackled in a while, but I’ve been thinking a lot about repurposing content lately, and it’s a great way to do just that!
One of the things I tell my clients is that they should be writing press releases more often.
As a general rule, you should write a press release and submit it to the media whenever anything newsworthy happens in your business. For speakers and coaches, this would be anytime you write a new book, go on a speaking tour, reach a milestone, and so on and so forth.
Trust me, I get how difficult it can be to find the time to write a press release. And if you’re hiring someone to write it for you … well, good writing isn’t cheap! When you’re investing in the creation of a press release for your business, you should consider how you can get the most bang for your buck out of that piece of writing.
Here are some ideas about how you can repurpose your press releases. Because, as you well know, recycling your own content is a very good thing.
- Submit it to mainstream press release submission sites, as well as local media and online news outlets. You never know who will pick up your press release. If you’ve got something that’s extremely unique with wide appeal, consider paying extra when you submit your release so it hits national media outlets. We’ve had clients able to promote their businesses as “seen on CBS, NBC, etc.” because affiliate stations published their press releases. If you have money to invest, it can be a great way to promote your brand.
- Publish it on your blog. Always publish your press releases on your blog! You should have a category on your website for news … or perhaps, if you’re a speaker, you have an online media or press room. You can showcase your press releases there. Makes sense, doesn’t it?
- Put it in your newsletter. And, if you have a mailing list, send those folks a copy of your press release. They signed up to stay informed regarding news about your business, so they should be among the first people to hear any exiting news about your company. This can be especially important when adding new services to your offerings … you never know who’s out there that needs them!
- Share it on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a very business-oriented social media platform, and is the perfect place to share your press releases. If you have a company page, make sure you share it there as well.
- Share the news on Facebook. Share your news release on your Facebook page; or heck, with video being at the top of the food chain for views and engagement these days, why not hop on Facebook Live and read your press release … or at the very least, a summary of it! Maybe even include a link to your blog post or another website that’s picked it up.
- Tweet about it. Experiment with hashtags, and tweet bits and pieces from your press release, with links to where the press release can be read in its entirety. Try to tie in with trending hashtags if possible.
Press releases are still an effective way to promote your company, so keep on writing them, submitting them, and repurposing them.When was the last time you put out a press release about your company?
When was the last time you put out a press release about your company? And if you did, did you get a lot of bang for your buck, or did you submit it to just one or two places and forget about it?
Do you have any additional repurposing tips up your sleeve to get more traction out of your content? Leave a comment and let me know what you’ve done and what the results were.
And don’t forget … BizEase does press releases 😉
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up ecommerce solutions, membership sites, web design and maintenance, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our bi-weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!