How many balls are you juggling right now? Never mind the things going on in your personal life. I’m talking about work commitments. The day-to-day things that happen in your business to keep clients happy and things running smoothly?
How many blog posts do you need to finish?
How many details need to be worked out for your next event?
How many emails are waiting for your reply?
How many of your clients are waiting on something from you?
How many proposals are waiting to be drafted?
When was the last time you posted an update or article on LinkedIn?
If you don’t have a marketing assistant, administrative assistant, virtual assistant, or any other kind of support staff, there’s a good chance you’re so overwhelmed you’re not sleeping well at night, for fear of forgetting something. You wake up in the middle of the night with that dreaded feeling you’ve dropped one of the many balls you have in the air.
It happens easily enough.
We slowly grow our businesses; get very good at what we do, and then boom! Word gets out and we’re booked to capacity. So booked we’ve let our marketing slip … right out the door! Then, when we hit a dry spell, we do a bit of PR and boom! Busy again.
But imagine if you had your business systematized enough that you always had a steady stream of work. Imagine if your only job was doing the work you love to do, dreaming up new ideas and watching your business grow. That’s what life is like when you have a project manager and a few other key virtual professionals in your corner.[clickToTweet tweet=”Having a project manager in your corner helps you regain control of your life and biz!” quote=”Having a project manager in your corner helps you regain control of your life and biz!”]
What it’s like to have a project manager?
The best way for me to help you understand what it’s like to have a great project manager is to explain how my own personal project manager creates freedom in my business so I have time for a professional life.
- Patty keeps an eye on milestones across all of our active projects in our project management system and makes sure each team member is completing the tasks he or she is responsible for.
- She reminds me when it’s time a new blog post to be published; and when I’m not available, communicates with our copywriter to keep things humming along.
- She keeps track of everyone’s time, and is in touch with our clients on a weekly basis to inform them how much time they’re using and ensure their hours aren’t over or under the allotted time per their monthly agreement.
- She helps me pull together quotes and proposals for new clients so I can focus on my work.
- She has access to my email, and monitors it throughout the day so I’m not distracted by a crowded inbox, and I am notified when an important message comes in. Otherwise, I check my email at set times throughout the day.
I would imagine everyone who works with a project manager has different reasons for bringing them on board. And for me, it is crucial to I have someone other than myself watching out to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.
With a trusted project manager, I am freed up to meet with new and potential clients, stay up-to-date with trends in the social media world, and focus on the marketing tasks I most enjoy doing for my clients. I don’t spend my days in a state of overwhelm. And, I must say, I sleep like a baby at night.
Do you have a project manager on your team? Feel free to share your experiences by commenting.
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!