I was surprised the other day when I mentioned ClickToTweet to someone and they replied, “What’s ClickToTweet?” I thought everyone knew what it was … at least I thought I’d told everyone what it was. Plus, I’ve been using ClickToTweet in each of my blog posts since forever, and have mentioned it over and over again in various posts. Maybe people simply aren’t reading my posts? But that’s another issue 😉
So what is it? In my humble opinion, it’s one of the easiest ways to get people to share your content! I’m going to tell you about it, as well as why I like it so much.
I once read an article from HubSpot about how “creating, optimizing, and promoting content are keys to filling the top of your sales and marketing funnel with more website traffic and leads.”
In a nutshell, you need to be continually producing great content, and looking for creative ways to entice people to Like, Share, and Tweet that content. The same article shared that companies who find ways to optimize and promote their blogs get 55% more traffic and 70% more leads than those who don’t. Blog posts that were shared on just Twitter had 113% more inbound links than those not shared on social media at all.
Sound daunting? Well if you aren’t already using it, here’s your new secret weapon that will make it super easy for your readers and followers to share your content for you. Click to Tweet is a way to create “tweetables” right within the body of your blog post, article or web page! There are a few different ways you can do that.
ClickToTweet is a way to create “tweetables” right within the body of your blog post or article.Click To Tweet
You can visit the ClickToTweet website:
- Write the message you want to share in the box.
- Click the “Generate” button to create a custom link.
- Use the generated link to turn a quote or a piece of quotable information branded to you into a Tweet.
- Add this information to your post blog with the call-to-action “Click to Tweet” and PRESTO, you have a simple way to encourage sharing from your blog or website.
Whoever clicks on the link will have the message automatically added to their Twitter status box ready for them to send out to their followers. Easey Peasey!
With either plugin installed, it’s even easier!
- Just click on the little blue Twitter bird in your WordPress toolbar
- Write the message you want to share on Twitter in the top box and the message you want to show in the ClickToTweet option on your blog in the bottom box. (Make sure you stay within the 140 character limit in the tweetable box.)
- Click save and voila! You’re done! Your readers can now click on the link and share the message YOU want them to share about your content – just like the one in this blog post!
If you’re not already using this awesome little (free) app or tool, you can check out it out on the ClickToTweet website, try the WordPress plugin, or get the option as an added bonus in the Social Warfare sharing plugin!
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Has The Facebook Apocalypse Actually Begun? - January 18, 2018
- Do You Know What To Do In The Wake Of Facebook’s New Algorithm Changes? - January 16, 2018
- Do You Have Conversations With Your Social Media Followers? - January 15, 2018