The more engagement and interaction we get on our Facebook business page (on any other social media platform as well), the more the algorithm Gods will react in our favor. However, coming up with ideas to help increase engagement and get your updates seen is an ongoing battle. New ideas and tactics are being presented all the time. Some are effective. Some are not. I’ve mentioned before about how asking simple questions in your posts can raise engagement and get your fans talking.
Did you know posts on Facebook that ask simple questions like “What do you hope to accomplish today” have higher engagement rates than regular updates with just a link and headline?
While it might be a good practice to test, there are also a few things to keep in mind if you want to use this ninja trick wisely:
- Ask questions that include the words “should,” “what,” “would” and “who.” Studies have shown these types of questions get higher response rates.
- Make sure your questions make sense and are relevant to your brand and message. But don’t be afraid to throw a fun question in the mix every now and then. Relevance is relevance, but people still like to dream and have a little fun.
- Try fill-in-the-blank type questions. Quick and easy answers are a sure-fire way of getting your fans to respond and play along.
- To make your questions and posts stand out even more, try adding a large image or asking your question in the form of a graphic image.
This one has always been one of my favorites …
Ask a couple of questions in your upcoming Facebook post schedule. Include one with an image and then without an image and see which one gets the most interaction. Try one like the one above where you ask a question and then ask for a response, or a fill in the blank question like “If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to _________________!”Ask fill-in-the-blank or open-ended questions on Facebook to engage your audience.Click To Tweet
Experiment with your audience and see what types of questions get the most engagement. Not only will it help you get more Facebook engagement, but it can also be a lot of fun!
Also published on Medium.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Are Your 2017 Goals In The Bag Or Still Up In The Air? - December 12, 2017
- How To Spread The Wealth Of Your Content! - December 11, 2017
- What The Heck Happened To My Facebook Group Cover? - December 7, 2017