by Keith Abraham
In today’s fast paced world, where instant coffee made in a microwave, is too slow, you and I as consumers are more demanding, more astute and more focused on what good service is all about.
You and I need to refocus ourselves on our Service Standards. Ask yourself – “What is an Acceptable Level of Service?”. That is – what do my customers expect from me? Now if that’s what they expect, giving Exceptional Service is about exceeding that expectation. Do this and your customers will Love You Forever! Remember Customers only want to know how much you Care about them.
I see what successful businesses are doing to gain a competitive edge; it comes back to the same thing. They spend time, energy and money on developing stronger customer loyalty. The type of loyalty that keeps your customer coming back time & time again, because you never give them a reason to go anywhere else.
Taking One Time Buyers up the Loyalty Ladder to Lifetime Advocates is the key. Develop a simple system of staying in contact and differentiating yourself from your competitors. There must be a way to make this happen with your customers!
So, the question your now asking yourself is how do you gain this loyalty and have your customers give you bucket loads of referrals? Here are some basic things you need to do.
You need to have a workable database system and be in contact with your customers every 6 weeks. You need to think – “WHAT’S IN IT FOR THEM”!!! You must give them a reason to keep on doing business with you.
Here are some ideas that will make a positive difference.
• Personal Note or Letter to Say- “I Appreciate Your Business …”
• Contact Your Customers on Special Dates During the Year
• Special Program or VIP Status for “A” Customers
• Birthday Card on the Customer’s Birthday or Their Business Birthday
• Newsletter with Ideas to Help Them Save Time or Make Money
• Special Offers or Invitations to Prospective ‘A’ Clients
• Ask Your Customers “How Do We Improve?”
• Put Into Place a Referral System, to gain Referrals from Customers
• Give Away Movie Tickets, as a “Thank You”
• Develop a Personal Profile on Your Clients- DOB, Sports, Interests
• Give Your Customers Prior Notice of New Products Being Launched or Sales
• Look for Articles Interest & Send Them to Your Clients
• Provide Subscriptions to ‘A’ Clients as Gifts – It Lasts 12 Months
• Write Articles for Your Client’s Newsletter or Publications
Remember, it costs 5 times less to sell to an existing customer, that to go out and try and find a new customer to buy your product. Why go to the trouble of doing all this extra work, because if you don’t you will be the doing extra work anyway just to find customers to just survive in your business, instead of thriving in business!!!
Keith Abraham CSP is a Brisbane-based professional conference speaker on Creating Loyal Profitable Customers, Customer Service, Strategic Selling, and Designing Your Life. He is the author of Creating Loyal Profitable Customers! and recipient of the Nevin Award which is the highest award given to any speaker by the National Speakers Association Australia.
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!