That blasted computer cursor has been blinking persistently as you’ve stared blankly at the naked screen for the past hour or so. Your newsletter or blog post is due tomorrow, but you haven’t a clue regarding what to write about. Now what?
Sometimes the best content is the information no one is expecting. Instead of showcasing the last mobile app you tried, or the newest updates in 1Shopping Cart…dig deeper…get meatier. Share your thoughts and opinions on deeper topics.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- How is your industry different now than it was 20 years ago?
- How is your industry like your favorite TV Show?
- Who are the top people in business you’d like to meet? What would you ask them and why do you admire them?
- Recap the complicated issues in your industry that didn’t exist 10 years ago (and how you deal with them).
- Debunk a long-standing myth (like the myth that VA’s are less effective than traditional employees).
- Share some “behind the scene” tidbits or realities about your company or industry.
- Create a list of the top 10 books you feel everyone should read or conferences they should consider attending. Share how they’ve impacted your business.
Take this list or make a list of your own – often called a swipe file. Then keep it handy so when the dreaded brain freeze hits again, you’ve got something to get you started. Another great way to come up with ideas for content is to save interesting articles or blog posts you find on the web and save them to Evernote using their handy-dandy Evernote Web Clipper. You can send them to a “swipe file” notebook and tag the articles as “blog fodder” or “content inspiration” or something similar and review whenever you’re stuck and can’t get beyond staring at your computer screen. Of course … keeping pen and paper on hand to jot down those brilliant ideas you always get when not near your computer, or on the nightstand when your brain seems to be overflowing with thoughts and ideas that prevent you from falling asleep. Over time you will build up a list overflowing with content and ideas that will put a stop to even the most persistent case of writer’s block!
Need someone to schedule those blog posts once you have the content you need? Contact us to schedule a complimentary 20 minute consult to see how we can help!
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Make it easy to share your newsletter on Social Media … - February 22, 2018
- 8 Video Marketing Strategies For A Successful 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Just How Effectively Are You Promoting Your Content? - February 19, 2018