How to Create an Effective Resource Box
By Biana Babinsky
You write articles because you want to get more newsletter subscribers, more visitors to your web site and more sales.
The best way to accomplish this is by creating an effective Resource Box that will make your article readers excited about your products or services.
A Resource Box (or Author Box) is a paragraph that comes right after the article. It introduces the author to the article readers and contains link(s) to the author’s web site. You only have a few seconds to grab the readers’ attention and get them to click on the link in your Resource Box.
Here is how to create an effective resource box that will get article readers to click over to your web site:
– Effective Resource Boxes offer a gift in exchange for an action. A gift could be a mini-course, a special report, an audio download, etc.
For example, many of my Resource Boxes offer my free report, “Top 5 Ways to Increase Your Online Sales” to everyone who clicks on my link and subscribes to my newsletter. This way I can keep in touch with people who have read my articles for months and years to come.
– Make your Resource Box short and to the point. People get bored easily, so don’t use your resource box to mention the awards you have received in the last 5 years or the names of your top 25 clients. Instead, concentrate on what the article reader wants to know about. They want to hear about your qualifications, and they want to know what’s in it for them. How can they check out your web site? Can they get a gift from you?
Here is an example of one of my Resource Boxes:
Biana Babinsky teaches business owners how to make more money online. Learn how to get your web site to make money by getting Biana’s special report, “Top 5 Ways to Increase your Online Sales” at http://avocadoconsulting.com/free_newsletter.html
– Don’t use too many links in your Resource Box. Sometimes I see Resource Boxes that list links to 10 different web sites that the article author owns. Doing this confuses your article readers. They can’t decide which link to click on, so they end up choosing to not click at all.
Instead of listing 10 different web sites, link to just one. This will focus your readers’ attention.
– Make your Resource Box correspond to the article to improve targeting. The Resource Box is a natural extension of your article, and it should continue the article’s theme. An article on business blogging should not offer a product on search engine optimization in the Resource Box. The offer in the Resource Box should match the content of the article. It could be on something more general then blogging (online marketing, for example), but not on something entirely different.
– Link directly to the product / newsletter / special report that you are promoting in your Resource Box. Don’t link to the main page of your web site, as no one will spend the time to actually find the product. Instead, link directly to the product you are promoting in the Resource Box to make it easy for article readers to get to it.
When writing and publishing articles, remember to create an effective Resource Box. This will help you get more newsletter subscribers, attract more visitors to your web site and generate more online sales.
About the Author:
Biana Babinsky, the online business consultant, expert and author helps online business owners become better known online, gain more clients and make more money. Biana is the author of the Complete Step by Step Online Marketing Course, your how-to guide to marketing your business online. Get it now at Complete Step by Step Online Marketing Course.
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!