Amazon is one of those one-stop-shop sites where you can find anything and everything and get it delivered directly to your door … or, your Kindle! So what about your blog? Have you ever considered adding your blog to Kindle on Amazon? Did you even know you could? Well you can, and you should!
Putting your blog on Amazon is super easy. Now you won’t make a lot of money doing this as Amazon typically prices blogs at a whopping $.99 per month; but it’s well worth it for the exposure alone.
The upside to putting your blog on Amazon is the convenience to your readers, as it updates to their Kindle automatically whenever they have WiFi. While giving your readers the option to subscribe to your blog via email is always a great idea, subscribing to it on Kindle doesn’t clog up their inboxes, and has much the same purpose as subscribing to iTunes. It’s quick, easy and automatic. Once someone has subscribed to your blog, their Kindle is updated each time you post a new post … whenever they are connected to WiFi. Plus, as I mentioned before, it costs you nothing, and gives you great exposure.Publishing your blog on Amazon for Kindle costs you nothing, and gives you great exposure.Click To Tweet
There are only 3 downsides I can think of:
- You don’t know “who” subscribes to your blog, just that they subscribe.
- You can only subscribe if you have a Kindle, not one of the Kindle apps you can download to your devices, just an actual Kindle.
- The publishing option is unfortunately not currently available in Canada. It’s only available to those in the US and UK.
Adding your blog is super easy. Just go to https://kindlepublishing.amazon.com. You might have to sign up because it’s not the same log-in as your regular Amazon account. The instructions will walk you right through the simple process. It’s super easy. One thing you will need to do before you publish your blog to Amazon is go in and make sure your feed settings are set to show full text and not summary so your readers can read your entire post without having to log on to your site – which is the reason they subscribe via their Kindle. Simply go to Settings, Reading Settings, and then scroll down and make sure the option “For each article in a feed, show” is checked for “full text.”
- a title for your blog
- a tag line
- a description
- a screen shot of your blog
- your header/banner
- your bank account information (routing number and account number) and your tax ID so they can pay you whenever someone subscribes, and because Amazon pays electronically.
Just click on the link to “View Amazon.com page” and voila …
The site does work better when using Firefox, so if you use Chrome and don’t see your graphic … it’s a Chrome issue and sometimes takes a while to appear. I could see it in Firefox and eventually in Chrome.
Check out these other related posts:
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Has The Facebook Apocalypse Actually Begun? - January 18, 2018
- Do You Know What To Do In The Wake Of Facebook’s New Algorithm Changes? - January 16, 2018
- Do You Have Conversations With Your Social Media Followers? - January 15, 2018