Five Keys for Marketing Your Book
by James Malinchak
The key to success of your book lies with marketing. In marketing, you must understand that “perception is reality.” The image you create through the perception of the public and media determine the success of your publicity. Here are few guidelines to help create a positive, marketing image for any book:
1. Belief: To create a positive perception and convince the media to publicize your book you need to believe that your idea will become successful, even if others don’t. Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen, authors of “Chicken Soup for the Soul”, were turned down by many publishers who didn’t believe in their idea. But they believed in it and built it into a #1 New York Times Bestseller.
2. Enthusiasm: “Enthusiasm is contagious!” To gain public awareness and publicity you must be enthusiastic and energetic about what you promote. Tony Robbins is a great example of someone so enthusiastic about his ideas and products that millions believe in him. Thus, he receives worldwide media coverage.
3. Develop a “Hook:” To stick out in the media’s mind you need a good “hook.” Develop a creative, unique title or marketing campaign. For example, Dottie and Lilly Walters’ fabulous book title, “Speak and Grow Rich”, serves as a unique “hook” that separates their book from others on the topic of public speaking.
4. Network: In our society, who you know gets you ahead faster than anything. You never know who is influential or who knows who. In the case of the media, many reporters, radio hosts, and TV producers know others in the same field. Be kind and courteous and remember to send thank you notes to anyone who helps you. This demeanor will create a positive marketing image for you and your book.
5. Persist: If you truly have the belief in your book then don’t stop marketing, promoting and selling your idea until you reach the level of success you desire. Don’t allow rejection and obstacles to convince you to quit. Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off of our goals.
Speaker James Malinchak, ‘America’s Hottest Young Speaker,’ is the creator of the two top-selling speaker courses, ‘How to Make BIG Money As a Speaker,’ and the ‘College Speaking Success Home Study Course.’ To learn more about his step-by-step systems and to sign up for his FREE ‘Speaker Tips’ E-zine, visit: www.Malinchak.com
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- How To Survive The Holidays As An Entrepreneur - November 21, 2017
- Offer fresh content to your audience in a variety of ways - November 20, 2017
- Does Your Website Make It Easy For Prospects To Contact You? - November 16, 2017