Social Media marketing is here to stay. Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter lead the pack for many years as the a”Big 3.” Then came Pinterest, Instagram and now Snapchat on the scene. While business owners can dabble and play on all of the available options, most of us have that one, main social media platform where our target market and ideal clients hang out, so that’s where we spend the bulk of our time and effort.
For me (and many others), that would be Facebook. I still Tweet, and I post on LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram; but the bulk of my time and effort is spent on Facebook.
There are lots of ways to market on Facebook. Everyone has a personal profile, and most business owners who do business on Facebook have business pages.
But that’s NOT all there is!
There are Facebook groups, an often untapped and underused resource that can be a huge boost to your marketing reach.
Boost visibility and reach by joining Facebook groups where your target market and ideal clients hang out!
Unlike the personal profile where we’re not really supposed to promote our business and are not allowed to sell, and Facebook pages which are becoming less and less effective due to all of the recent algorithm changes, Facebook groups are an excellent way to get in front of your target market.[clickToTweet tweet=”Facebook groups are an excellent way to get in front of your target market and ideal client.” quote=”Facebook groups are an excellent way to get in front of your target market and ideal client.”]
When used correctly and strategically, Facebook groups can be a big boost to your social media marketing efforts.
Here are some quick and dirty tips for getting started:
- Search Facebook groups to find 2 or 3 groups where your target market and ideal clients hang out.
- Click on the button to join the group and wait until you’re approved (most groups are closed, so you have to be approved by admin)
- Once you’ve been accepted into the group, add the group to your favorites so you can find it easily.
- Take a look at the rules so you know what you can do and what you can’t do.
- Pay attention to the “theme” days, as most groups only allow promoting your business on specific days, but have other days that allow you to interact based on specific topics.
- Then provide value by answering questions, commenting on posts, liking posts and start building relationships.
Once you get the hang of it, you can start adding more targeted groups to your list.
By adding Facebook groups to your Social Media marketing plan, you will be able to get up close and personal with your target market and ideal clients with a more targeted and focused effort.
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!