In the past, including calls-to-action, contact information, or website URLs of any kind on your Facebook business page cover photo were prohibited by strict Facebook rules.
Then with little fan-fare and no warning Facebook dropped those restrictions on March 20, 2013. Facebook is still maintaining the rule that cover photos must contain no more than 20% text, but the improved freedom and flexibility on the design and look of cover photos was a very welcome discovery.
Cover Photo Basics:
- Your Facebook cover photo must be 851×315 pixels.
- Your Facebook cover photo CANNOT have more than 20% text, but CAN include prices, calls-to-action, contact information, and website URLs.
Cover Photo Strategy:
Now that you’ve uploaded your new and improved cover photo to your business page, the new image will also appear as an update on your Wall. Take advantage of this visibility by adding a status update to the photo. Here’s how:
- Find the image of your new cover photo on your Wall
- Click the time notation i.e.: “23 hours ago”
- This will open up into new window that shows an “add a description” clickable link.
- Once clicked, you will be able to add a description for your photo (“Visit our website to see what else is new with XYZ Company!”).
- Select “Done Editing.”
Your updated cover photo with a description will now appear in the news feed of anyone who has “liked” your page.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Do You Have Conversations With Your Social Media Followers? - January 15, 2018
- Do You Want Awesome Apps And Products At Rock Bottom Prices? - January 11, 2018
- When Was Your Last End Of The Year Marketing Review? - January 9, 2018