Does sending out your ezine seem more like a chore than the fun adventure it should be? You know you need to do it, but if you dread it week after week, it can be having more of a negative effect than you think. In fact, it can be showing in your content and leaving your audience feeling your lack of energy and excitement. Now they might stay with you for a while, but it won’t be long before they totally tune out and eventually don’t even pay attention to your ezines when they arrive. They may even unsubscribe, and that’s certainly not the result you want from your ezine marketing efforts.
It’s time to find that magic again. It’s time to get re-energized about sending out your ezine and the opportunities it provides. It’s time to reconnect and realize all the potential you have with the amazing contact list you’ve spent years creating. Who’s ready? Let’s do this.
One way to get back the magic is to come up with fresh, new ideas; or even fine-tune the basic ones you already have, but perhaps haven’t been practicing as much.
Here are our best tips to get the most out of your ezine marketing:
- Be consistent – that means have a plan for the frequency of your ezines and stick to that plan. People will then look forward to your ezine and open it upon its arrival. If you are too inconsistent, when it arrives it won’t have the same urgency to open and may often end up in the “read later” file, which actually could be called the “not good enough to open now” file.
- Formatting – It’s also good to be consistent in the formatting of the ezine as well. It helps your audience to feel that familiarity and be comfortable knowing that week after week they will know where to look for their favorite things.
- Personal updates – people love to hear about your week or what’s happening in your business. Include a bit of personal info so your audience feels a close tie to you, which in turn helps them to feel like more of a friend than a subscriber.
- Be personable – Add your own personal flavor to your newsletters. That’s what people love about working with you, so let it shine throughout your ezine.
- Don’t oversell – Yes, absolutely you want to promote your events and products, but if you just sell sell sell in your ezine, no one will want to read the next one. One thing that often works is to have your promotional material in the same place each time. That way your readers get accustomed to seeing it there and don’t feel as “sold to.”
- Short and sweet – Think about your attention span and how long you actually read the newsletters you receive. Now go back and cut. Also, think about your audience. Would they be interested in an article a week or would tips be better? If you aren’t sure, ask. By knowing what they prefer, you can always give them more of what they want. They will appreciate that.
- Easy to tweet, follow, etc. – Add in your social media tags and make it easy for them to share your tips.
- Engage – Provide opportunities for your readers to comment back. Ask directly, “What do you think about this or has it worked for you? We would welcome your comments.”
- Let people know they can borrow your work and use it in their ezines or blogs as long as they include your bio or a statement that the work is yours. It’s like spreading the wealth. Plus, you then reach their audience and get to show your expertise to a whole new group.
- Energize – Use action words and action content. You can set your audience on fire with just a few key statements, and they feel great about having just read your ezine.
- Visualize – Yes, it truly does matter. People are visual and they love to see pictures or other graphics they can relate to.
See how easy it is to write a great ezine? Whether you are just starting to write one, or need to get the magic back in your current one, practice these tips and see what a difference they can make. Also, keep in mind that an online support specialist can help. From creating the copy to formatting and sending it out, many are experienced in this area. If this is an area you have been struggling with or have questions about, just let us know. We’re here to help!
Terry L. Green is the President of BizEase Support Solutions and, with a team of qualified online support specialists, provides seamless online marketing implementation, technology and administrative support solutions to speakers and business coaches worldwide. Visit http://www.bizeasesupport.com to find out how partnering with BizEase can help you grow your business, have more time, and make more money. Article is free to be reprinted as long as bio remains intact.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Make it easy to share your newsletter on Social Media … - February 22, 2018
- 8 Video Marketing Strategies For A Successful 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Just How Effectively Are You Promoting Your Content? - February 19, 2018