I love all of the new things you can do with audio these days, especially if it’s something that will help me save time or maximize the marketing efforts for my business. Adding a welcome audio and audio testimonials to your website adds another element to the marketing mix. Seeing someone’s photo on their website, or being able to hear someone’s voice through an audio on their site tends to trigger a feeling of familiarity in the visitor. More and more business owners are using audio to enhance and increase their marketing efforts. Leesa Barnes, better known as the The Schmooze Coach™, shares four ways to use audio that will not only add personalization and familiarity to your business marketing, but also shows coaches how they can save time and effort by using audio to eliminate complimentary coaching sessions. How many more ways can you think of to effectively use audio in your marketing efforts?
Coach Less Earn More: 4 Ways to Eliminate Complimentary Coaching Sessions Using Simple Audio
by Leesa Barnes
As more and more coaches diversify their coaching business with a variety of products and services, many are questioning the value of offering complimentary coaching sessions. Although these 30- to 45-minute free sessions allow the coach to build rapport with the prospect, the cost of enrollment is quite high – especially if the prospect decides not to sign up for one of your coaching packages or doesn’t show up for the session at all.
How can a coach lower his or her enrollment costs and still attract the client of their dreams? Here are four surefire ways to stop offering complimentary sessions and instead, use the power of audio to convey your coaching style.
1. Launch a podcast. Podcasting is ideal as you decide on the format and frequency and your listeners can listen to it whenever and wherever they want. If a prospect contacts you about a complimentary session, you can direct them to your podcast so they can understand your coaching style and be edutained at the same time.
2. Offer a free teleclass. You select a topic that your target audience will be interested in, then offer this teleclass for free each month. You can speak to many more people in one hour using a teleclass than you ever could through a one-to-one complimentary session. Use the first 30-minutes to offer insightful information, then use the remaining 30-minutes to help a few participants through a specific issue. Don’t forget to ask those on the call to hire you as their coach.
3. Offer an audio sample from one of your coaching sessions. Ask permission from one of your clients to record a session, then offer a small sample of that session on your website. Choose the part where there is a significant breakthrough. Prospects can then listen to the audio to get a sense of your style. Ensure that the audio you put on your website isn’t more than 5-minutes.
4. Create a businesscard-sized CD. Instead of handing out paper-based business cards at networking events, hand people a CD-Rom in the shape of a business card. You can include a personal message from you, or better yet, you can include a recording of a breakthrough moment with one of your clients. Then, you can end the CD with a personal message saying you can produce these same results for people in your target market. That way, when the prospect calls you, they’re ready to sign up for your services.
Trading your time for money is an outdated way to build your coaching practice. Instead of holding complimentary sessions that don’t translate prospects into dollars 100% of the time, use the power of audio to build rapport with prospects and to create a profitable coaching business.
(c) 2005 Leesa R. Barnes. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
Leesa Barnes, a career transition expert, helps consultants, virtual assistants, professional organizers and coaches avoid cold calling by using shoestring audio solutions. Leesa’s advice is based on 5-years producing teleclasses, teleconferences, podcasts, and CDs that help generate passive income for her coaching business. Her toolkit called Coach Less Earn More: Insider Secrets to Creating a Profitable Group Coaching Program contains worksheets and exercises to help any coach set up their own group coaching program without pain, hassle or stress.
Go to http://www.coachlessearnmore.com and sign up for Leesa’s complimentary 8-lesson ecourse that will teach you how to use audio to grow your coaching business and increase your income coaching fewer hours.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Have You Seen The Latest Facebook Changes And Updates? - September 21, 2017
- Client Avatars and Why They Are Important - September 19, 2017
- My Top 3 Online Marketing Tools! - September 14, 2017