By Jeff Herring
Blogging and article marketing go hand in hand. In fact, one of the most frequently asked questions I get is “can you use your articles on your blog?”
The answer is not only a huge YES! In fact, if you are not using your articles on your blog you are leaving tons of traffic on the table.
3 ways to repurpose your content on your blog
1) Entire article/parts of your article – You can repurpose your entire content into a blog post. It’s a great way to create lots of blog posts when you have lots of articles. While you can do this, it’s generally not a strategy I recommend.
Because you can get more than one blog post out of your content. You can turn most articles into a blog series. If you have have written a 7 tips article, that can be a 7 post series on your blog. You can also turn your sub-headings in your content into a blog post series.
2) Begin the article – Another strategy that I recommend is to begin your article in a blog post and then use the “more tag.” Instead of placing the entire article in one blog post, you can begin the article in a post on one page and then finish it on another page in your blog.
In a WordPress blog you use the “more tag” for this, and all good blogging platforms have a way to do this.
And don,t just cut off the article in just any place. Build some “article intrigue” but continuing as your article at a crucial point so the reader will be excited to read the rest of your article.
3) Blog to EzineArticles – This is my favorite blogging strategy to use to bring a ton of more traffic to my articles. In this strategy you begin the article on your blog. Make sure you use a compelling title to capture the reader’s attention. Then at a crucial point in the article you invite the reader to “click here to read the rest of the article” and send the to your article on EzineArticles.
When I first began to experiment with this strategy, I wondered if people would mind going more than one place to read an article. The consistent feedback I get is that once you have captured their interest they don’t mind being directed somewhere else to finish the article.
You can see examples of how I do this and get many more great tips and videos on my blog at http://FromtheDeskofJeffHerring.com
From Jeff Herring – The Article Marketing Guy
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Make it easy to share your newsletter on Social Media … - February 22, 2018
- 8 Video Marketing Strategies For A Successful 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Just How Effectively Are You Promoting Your Content? - February 19, 2018