When speaking with clients and prospects about how to get started on social media, one of the biggest obstacles they express is regarding what to post and what to share. They simply don’t know where to start.
If you’re one of those people who can’t think of what to post or where to begin, here are 6 simple things you can do on social media to get you started.
- Ask a question that requires more than a yes or no answer. Post something that will prompt engagement. Ask for a recommendation for a tech tool that solves a specific problem. Ask what everyone’s all-time favorite app or program is that they can’t live without, or the next best business book to read … and why. Ask questions that will encourage people to engage.
- Post a motivational quote. Create a branded image using an easy platform like Canva, and use it as a template to create motivational or inspirational quotes. Everyone seems to love motivational quotes, and they are great for Facebook and Instagram.
- Link to a blog post. Promoting your blog posts on social media is a great way to share your content with your audience. Get your content “out there,” and drive them back to your website in the process.
- Share a random post to show you’re a real person. Share what you’re doing on a particular day, your plans for the weekend, or where you are going (or have just returned from) on vacation. People really do want to get to know the real you. YOU are your brand, so be sure to share it with others. You are your brand. Are you showing people the real you on social media?
- Post a controversial view or ask a controversial question … just make sure it’s not too controversial. Sometimes just expressing what you are tired of seeing in your news feed, or asking why on earth someone would post (fill in the blank) on Facebook, can generate some very energetic conversations with a lot of engagement.
- Share a tip or nugget. Using a branded image like you would with a motivational or inspirational quote, share a business tip or a nugget of business wisdom. If your company provides online marketing, share an online marketing tip. If you are a speaker, share a tip or nugget about your topic of expertise. If you’re a business coach, share a coaching tip based on your specialty. Whatever you do, share a tip or nugget about your area of expertise!
Social media doesn’t have to be difficult. Just share what you do, who you are, and let people get to know you. Yes you should share the content of others, but don’t fall into the trap of simply copying what others are doing or copy/pasting and sharing the posts of others. Be yourself. Be interesting. Share what you do and who you are.[optin-cat id=”8434″]
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!