Are you Too Busy to Reach Your Potential?
In Michael Gerber’s book ‘The E-Myth’, he talks about working ‘on’ your business vs. working ‘in’ your business.
I know, I know. You’re busy. You’re out there on the road, giving speeches, marketing, creating handouts, invoicing clients, setting up travel. Who has time to spare?
But what is not working ‘on’ your business costing you?
It could be that you will take years longer to reach your business goals. Or worse, not reach them at all.
Here’s an outline of what working ‘on’ your business might look like:
Spend 1-2 hours each week working on big picture strategy for your business:
– Map out your business plan for the year (Okay, I should have written this tip in January!) Do you need to create more programs and products…. or do you need to let go of some?
– Check in with a trusted colleague or coach to help see where your blind spots might be in your plan. What can you not see because you are too close?
– Review your positioning in the marketplace. Are you known as the expert in your field? Or do you have some work to do?
– Set your financial goals and determine a way to chart your progress each month. Are you celebrating your wins? And buckling down when you fall short?
– Schedule time to take action on the areas that you need improvement. Are you improving the high payoff items, like the speech? Or spinning your wheels creating new products when you don’t have the audiences to buy them?
By working ‘on’ your business consistently for 3 months, you’ll set a course for success that will pay off for years to come.
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!