Today is the last official work day of the year for most of us with service-related businesses, and a good time to reflect back on the successes and “unfinished” successes we had in 2005. It’s a great time to review the past 12 months and see what we can do, add, change, or implement in our businesses to make 2006 an even more successful and prosperous year than ever.
Here are just a few things you might want to consider when reviewing how you did in 2005:
- Do you need to change your marketing strategies to market your business more effectively? Do you have a solid marketing plan that specifically targets your ideal client, or are you just using the “hit & miss” plan?
- Do you need to spruce up your website and have it optimized? Is your website attracting your ideal client … can they even find you on the net?
- Do you need to hire a Virtual Assistant so you can spend your time doing what you do best? As another VA I know so aptly states on her website, if you partner with a VA for 4 hours a week, you will regain 10% of your time to spend with clients or on client-related work!!!! 10%! If your time is valued at $100 an hour, then you’re spending $400 a week on adminstrative tasks. Outsource those tasks to a VA and you’ll save hundreds of dollars a month!
- How much do you spend in advertising dollars? Are you spending a fortune yet not getting the results you want? If your advertising dollars are not being spent effectively, you are wasting your hard-earned $$ and might as well be throwing it away.
- Do you need to take a course to learn a new skill or program or brush up on some of the skills you already have so that you can more effectively serve your clients?
- Have you reveiwed your rates and fees recently? When was the last time you compared your income to your expenses? Is it time for a rate change? Are you charging enough to keep your business healthy? Do you need to hire a bookkeeper or accountant?
These are just a few things I thought of off the top of my head, but they are things that can impact your business dramatically, either positively or negatively. If 2005 was a banner year for you, then let’s make 2006 an even better one. Start the new year right by setting new goals, finding new opportunities, and looking for ways to improve your business practices and take your business to the next level.
I wish you a most prosperous and successful 2006!!
Terry L. Green is a Certified Master Virtual Assistant with more than 25 years experience in administrative support. Established in 1991, Fastype specializes in working with professional speakers, authors and coaches in the areas of executive assistance; database management, event listing, registration and follow-up; assembling and mailing presentation packages; preparing speech handouts; article submission; e-zine maintenance and distribution; blog maintenance, design and formatting of e-books, special reports and tips sheets … and so much more! For more information about Fastype and the benefits and partnering with a Virtual Assistant can save you time and money, visit http://www.myfastype.com. We are “Your Virtual Office!”
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!