I used to really enjoy participating in Facebook Friday events. The ones where everyone posts a link to their Facebook page so we can get to know more about them. However, it soon turned into a tit-for-tat “if you like my page, I’ll like yours,” or “I just liked your page, now go like mine” fan-fest that took away a lot of value for many of the “likes” your page would get. In fact, it often caused more harm than good.
While you might get several new “likes” on your page each time you participate, if they are unqualified likes by business owners who simply want to get likes for their own pages, never again to return to yours – it has a negative impact on your Facebook page’s engagement rate.
In an effort to promote some sharing and caring and fan appreciation, I’m taking Denise Wakeman up on one of her challenges and will be hosting “Woo Hoo” Wednesdays over on the BizEase Support Solutions Facebook page!
However, instead of sharing and liking Facebook pages, “Woo Hoo” Wednesday will be a fan appreciation day where I invite my fans to share one of their most recent (or favorite) blog posts so others can show some love by sharing or commenting on the post. In essence, giving them a little “Woo Hoo” Wednesday love!
The thing is, if you share a post, It’s only fair to show some love on at least 2 other posts! And to provide value to others, please comment ONLY on posts that resonate with you enough that you can leave a real comment … not just “great post.”Are you ready for a little Woo Hoo love and attention for your blog posts?Click To Tweet
So there are 3 rules for “Woo Hoo” Wednesday!
- Share a link to your blog post ONLY in the “Woo Hoo” Wednesday thread on my Facebook page. All others will be deleted.
- Show some love to at least 2 other’s by sharing or commenting on their posts. (Please comment on the actual post and not the Facebook thread)
- If you leave a comment, please leave a comment that provides value, not just “great post,” or “good job.”
Come on over and join us today for “Woo Hoo” Wednesday, over on the BizEase Support Solutions Facebook Business Page! I’m looking forward to seeing all of your fabulous content! You’ll know you’re in the right place when you see the “Woo Hoo” Wednesday image!
Oh … and while you’re there, if you haven’t already liked my page but are so inclined, I won’t complain 😉
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Has The Facebook Apocalypse Actually Begun? - January 18, 2018
- Do You Know What To Do In The Wake Of Facebook’s New Algorithm Changes? - January 16, 2018
- Do You Have Conversations With Your Social Media Followers? - January 15, 2018