9 Ways To Build Loyalty During The Holidays
by Debra J. Schmidt
The holidays are the perfect time of year to build loyalty with your customers and it doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. Use these holiday ideas to cement relationships with the people who keep you in business all year–your customers.
December is an amazing time to touch base with your best customers because business begins to slow down and they may actually have time to chat. They’re also thinking about plans for next year and many have a little money left in the budget that they can apply to next year’s products or services.
Make a list of your top 25 customers. Answer the following questions to decide who to include on your list:
- Who spent the most money with you this year?
- Who sang your praises to others?
- Who referred direct business to you?
- Who has the potential to do a lot more business with you next year?
Now that you have your list, here are 9 ways you can build loyalty with your best customers during the holidays.
- Offer them free shipping on your products until January 1.
- Send a small gift thanking them for a great year. You can send your customers a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Send your customers gifts that can help them build their businesses. Many sales reps and business owners enclose 101 Ways to Build Customer Loyalty in the holiday cards they send to their customers.
- Make a donation to a customer’s favorite charity in their honor. (Be sure to ask the charity to send the notification card directly to your customer).
- Send a gift that will benefit their family. An insurance agent sent two 9-volt batteries to each of his customers. The note enclosed in his holiday card read, “I care about you and your family. Please replace the batteries in your smoke detectors to have a safe and joyful holiday season.”
- For customers with young children you can send a package of microwave popcorn with a Blockbuster Video gift card. Enclose a note that reads, “Enjoy a family movie night on us during the holidays.”
- Dr. Randall Moles, an orthodontist in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, rents a movie theater and invites all of his patients and their immediate family to join him at a free Saturday afternoon party to watch a first-run family movie.
- Send a hand-addressed holiday greeting card with a hand-written “thank you” note.
- Finally, simply give them a personal call…with no strings attached and say, “Thank you, for the honor of letting serve you.”
Debra J. Schmidt, a.k.a. “The Loyalty Leader®”, helps companies boost their profits by leading them to greater customer, employee and brand loyalty. Learn more at: TheLoyaltyLeader.com
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!