Having great content isn’t always enough … it’s got to be seen to be read. Here are 6 easy tips and tricks to help get your content in front of the eyes of your audience.
1) Most people’s eyes are drawn to visuals, so it makes since to include visuals not just on your blog, but in your posts as well. Start by including a large eye-catching image in your post. Not only will it catch your reader’s eye, but it can help establish your branding when you use a branded template each time. Research shows articles with images get 94% more total views.
2) Have you ever heard of Click-To-Tweet? Click-to-Tweets are little bits and pieces of content to help your reader easily Tweet information about your post. There are several options that allow you to include Click-to-Tweets in your content. You can visit the Click-to-Tweet website so you can easily add tweetable nuggets for your readers to share. The function is also included in both the Grow by Mediavine (formerly known as Social Pug) social sharing plugin and the Social Warfare plugin. The one I’ve included below is via Grow!Use Click-to-Tweet in your post to add easily Tweetable nuggets for your readers to share.
3) Write your content with your audience in mind, not Google. It’s good to use keywords, just don’t overstuff your content with them. If you use an SEO plugin like SEO Press, it makes it super easy to make sure you are using a keyword that works, and enough times to make it effective, yet not overused.
4) In addition to the large image I mention above, try breaking up your content with an Instagram-size image quote. Not only will it help guide your reader’s eye through your content, but it can also be used to share on social media. The more image sizes you have to share, the more sharable your content is!
5) Use a great social sharing plugin like Grow by Mediavine so your readers can easily share and like your posts. Grow allows you to specify which images you want to use when people share your posts, and as I mentioned above, includes a build in Click-to-Tweet function.
6) Always include a call to action at the end of your post. You need to tell your reader what you want them to do next. Don’t make them guess!
And my call to action is …
If you’re new to blogging or need help with an existing blog, let us know. My team of talented marketing experts is ready, willing and able to help you get the most out of your blogging efforts!
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up ecommerce solutions, membership sites, web design and maintenance, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our bi-weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!