For most professional speakers and coaches, an active Facebook Page is an essential piece of your overall content marketing strategy. While we do want to be active on our profile (because I believe that’s where we can build some mighty relationships), it’s equally important to drive people back to our business page, because that’s the best representation of our companies.
It’s not just about likes, it’s about content. Likes are great. Friends are great. But building a successful presence on Facebook is so much more than that. Are you making the most out of your presence on this social media platform?
The following are some of the ways you can optimize your Facebook presence and get more visibility and action.Optimizing Facebook its not just about likes, it's about content and engagement!
- Define your goals. Do you want to increase awareness of your brand? Get more people on your newsletter list? Book more engagements? Drive website traffic? Your goals will help determine your activity on Facebook, so before you post another update, think about what you want it to accomplish.
- Engage, engage, engage. No matter what your Facebook goals are, the best way to accomplish them is to engage your audience. Don’t only speak at people, talk with Ask questions, encourage feedback, and start engaging in back-and-forth conversations. Social media is about being social. Don’t forget that!
- Bring value. Always consider what you have to offer the Facebook community at large and approach your social media use as someone who wants to add value to the community. The most strategic approach here, of course, is to tap into your unique genius, by sharing information related to your professional area of focus.
- Don’t only post scheduled content. As tempting as it may be to automate all your posts, don’t. People can tell when you’re simply pumping out scheduled updates. Try to diversify the content you publish. Share articles, write thoughtful posts, and make use of the Facebook Stories feature. Have fun with it and show your audience your authentic self. After all, that’s why they follow you in the first place!
- Consider Facebook advertising. While we business owners have no choice but to love Facebook, it is getting harder and harder to have your Page content put in front of people without paying for it. Facebook advertising is powerful, and it isn’t terribly expensive. I would recommend you test some sponsored posts and see how it goes. Again, it goes back to your goals as you defined earlier. Based on what you want to accomplish, advertise accordingly.
- Track everything. Facebook Pages allow you to study how things are working, or how they aren’t! Every week, look at your Facebook analytics and check out the types of posts that have the most engagement and visibility across your network. This will help you to make better use of the time you spend promoting yourself on the platform.
Whether you love it or hate it, Facebook is a must when it comes to doing business today. If you’re in the hate it camp, you probably aren’t getting the most out of your efforts. Rather than slogging away, consider hiring someone to help you out. Our team of online marketing specialists does this type of work for many of our clients and they truly enjoy having one major burden taken off of their shoulders!
Do you have any Facebook content marketing tips to share?
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up ecommerce solutions, membership sites, web design and maintenance, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our bi-weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!