7 Tips to Jump Start your Public Speaking Success
By Sandra Schrift
The formula for success – Have a passion for what you speak on. Master your delivery. And be very persistent about what you need to do to be a sought after speaker who is asked to come back again and again!
1. To begin – Practice the four D’s: Drop, Delay, Delegate, and Do! Make the space for taking the steps needed to pursue your speaking career.
2. Acknowledge and utilize your prime time (Chronobiology). Use your peak working hours to develop and collect your material, listen to tapes, hear other speakers, view videos, etc.
3. Visualize your speech and break through your nervousness. See it. Feel it. Allow it to happen.
4. Get away from “woulda, coulda, shoulda” thinking. Don’t wait for the perfect time – just DO IT!! Remember: There is no right time to begin your speaking career.
5. Take one step at a time – the first step is the hardest. Then – do what is needed to package yourself and improve your delivery constantly.
6. Set time limits – you don’t have to do it all in one month…or even one year.
7. Don’t do it alone – company makes it more fun!! Hire a Coach now and cut your learning curve.
Find out how to take your speaking to the next level by purchasing one of our programs. PDF handouts and twenty minutes of coaching with Sandra are included with several products.
Written by Coach Sandra Schrift – a career telecoach to emerging and experienced speakers who want to get to the next level in their profession. Visit her on the web at: http://www.schrift.com to learn more about her Speakers University teleclasses. And, be sure to sign up for her great newsletter – Monday Morning Mindfulness!” Phone: 619-688-9467 or email [email protected].
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up shopping carts and editing video, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!