One of the services we provide our clients on a regular basis is email marketing. And, one of our major challenges when providing this service is related to gathering newsletter content. We often give our clients suggestions for topics and content, and have a team copywriter on hand to help whenever needed. Since we’ve become pretty darn good at coming up with newsletter content ideas on the fly, we thought it would be a great idea to share some of those ideas with you all.
If you struggle with the thought of what to include in your email newsletter, the following two dozen ideas should help you out!
Twenty-four newsletter content ideas …
- Blog Round-up: Link to 4 or 5 of your latest blog posts, with a one-line summary of what each one was about.
- Highlight social media updates that received good engagement, and invite your readers to weigh in with their thoughts.
- Write an original piece of content. This doesn’t have to be long. According to Yoast SEO, 300 words will do it for SEO purposes. And, it could be as simple as an opinion piece, or a day-in-the-life article.
- Invite guest authors to contribute to your newsletter. Try to target someone who wants to get their name out to a broader audience, yet aligns with your values and isn’t in direct competition with you.
- Share links to articles that have inspired and taught you something. Not all content you include in your newsletter has to be written by you! Cite your source and provide a direct link to the original article, and you’re good to go!
- Include a motivational quote.
- Link to a video message from you or a team member!
- Invite readers to listen/subscribe to your podcast. Include a link to one of your favorite episodes.
- Include an old-fashioned blog roll. Link to the blogs you’re reading now, and tell your readers why they’re great.
- Write a book or product review about something your audience might be interested in. This is also a great way to add an alternate stream of income. Sign up as an Amazon Affiliate!
- Recycle an old article from your archives that is still relevant, yet old enough that newer readers may not have seen.
- Expand upon some of your products and services, or choose one to feature in each issue of your newsletter. Help your audience understand how you can help them.
- Share a client testimonial or case study. Be sure to focus on those that identify how you’ve solved a common pain!
- Include information about training or seminars that might interest your readers. Whether they’re events you’re hosting, or some you endorse. (Another way to bring in residual income! Many courses offer affiliate programs. Look into it!)
- Discuss new products or services you’re developing, or thinking of developing. Ask for input!
- Share news about your company. This seems like an obvious one, but it’s worth mentioning! If you change your hours, add a location, change services, create a new product, add a new team member … put those things in your newsletter!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Need content ideas for your newsletter? Here you go!” quote=”Need content ideas for your newsletter? Here you go!”]
- Include a special offer, just for subscribers.
- Write an FAQ article. This might be an excellent opportunity to expand upon one of the questions on your FAQ page!
- Include a poll or survey. Find out what your readers like and don’t like about your newsletter. The best way to get this information is to ask!
- Include an infographic.
- Share an interview you’ve conducted with a client or colleague.
- Include a calendar of upcoming events.
- Include photos from your business or your life.
- Share a joke or funny story.
Coming up with newsletter content doesn’t have to be difficult. Do you have any other ideas to add to this list? Let’s see how many we can come up with.[optin-cat id=”8434″]
In business since 1991, Terry Green is the founder/CEO/President of BizEase Support Solutions, an American-based, online marketing support company comprised of a team of talented professionals from around North America. BizEase excels at providing speakers and business coaches worldwide with seamless online marketing solutions, from setting up ecommerce solutions, membership sites, web design and maintenance, to writing blog posts and managing Social Media and PR campaigns. BizEase clients (who span five continents) take great joy in allowing the BizEase team to take care of the details so they can get back to doing what they do best! Click here to get our weekly tips ezine delivered to your inbox every other Friday, with tips on plugins, apps, and tools to make you more productive today!