When was the last time you joined an online visibility challenge? Or have you ever?
You might be wondering how on earth joining a challenge can be part of your marketing strategy.
Well it can … and here’s how!
Let’s use Denise Wakeman’s 5-Day Biz Story Challenge I’m participating in right now.
Not only am I pushing myself to learn new things and increase my visibility, but I’m joined by a variety of others (many in my target market) doing the same thing. While it might not seem like marketing, I’m placing myself in right smack dab in the marketing path of others.
How is that possible you say?
- All of the posts we do on Instagram over the next 5 days are all related to marketing our businesses.
- They are about storytelling.
- They are designed to increase our visibility by telling stories.
- We will be consistently posting storytelling posts on Instagram over the next 5 days.
- We are using the hashtags #BizStoryChallenge and #Day_ (the day of the challenge), and we are tagging the organizer, @DeniseWakeman in our posts.
- In addition to the regular visibility of posting consistently on Instagram, we are participating in a Facebook group where everyone in that group will be able to see our “stories” and learn more about our businesses.
Check out my first day’s work here …
I used a series of nine photos showcasing my company’s growth over the past 26 years. Just click on the little arrow on the side to scroll through them. [Okay … being completely transparent here. Right off the bat I goofed up my images. The first one is NOT opening day, the 2nd one is. And I missed a couple. But heck … I gave it a go and at day 1 of the challenge under my belt!]
Back when the earth was cooling in 1991, I quit my corporate job as an administrative assistant to stay at home with my errant preteens and teenagers. Not too long after that Fastype, a home based secretarial and resume service service serving locally based clients in a small rural community was born. Over the years Fastype- a one woman show , grew to Fastype VA Services- a multi-VA company, and is now BizEase Support Solutions, an online marketing support company that partners with professional speakers and coaches all over the world. Today. 26 years later. We are a team of 17 marketing professionals helping our clients get out and stay out of marketing overwhelm so they can truly start turning time into money ?! #bizstorychallenge #day1 @denisewakeman
If that’s not marketing, I don’t know what is!Join challenges to increase visibility and have some fun!Click To Tweet
Now I’ve got to admit that I’m a challenge junkie. But with good reason. I’ve been participating in Denise Wakeman’s visibility challenges for a couple of years now. They are fun. They offer incredible value and benefit and learning. They have helped me increase my online visibility 10-fold. Probably more than that … I don’t know. I just suck at numbers 😉
I hope you’ll hop on over to Instagram and check out my stories over the next five days. Putting this out there to you and to the rest of the world will force me to complete the challenge, and hopefully encourage you to join challenges or create challenges of your own.
It’s all about marketing and online visibility. So get out there and be visible!
Also published on Medium.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Have You Seen The Latest Facebook Changes And Updates? - September 21, 2017
- Client Avatars and Why They Are Important - September 19, 2017
- My Top 3 Online Marketing Tools! - September 14, 2017