Investing in your business is a good thing. So, it sometimes confuses me when business owners are reluctant to invest in products, systems or services necessary to move their businesses forward.
Yes free is good. Everyone loves free, including me. But I also understand you also have to spend a little to get a little. Sometimes it’s spend a little and get a lot!
More often than I would like to count, I see other small, online businesses on Facebook in general, and in Facebook groups asking people to recommend free (or cheap) apps and software and services. It’s often the same when I speak with business owners on the phone or via email. What perplexes and saddens me, however, is they are willing to accept a lesser quality of service or performance in order to get free or cheap. Which in turn, lessens the quality of THEIR service(s) and performance.
Smart business owners who want to keep their costs down and manage their businesses effectively need to look not only at the cost or price of services and products; but at the overall effectiveness of these services and products. They need to consider whether or not the savings in cost is actually worth it. Sometimes the answer is yes, but in many cases, it is no; and you can save more money in the long run by investing a little more for certain products and services.Be smart! Don't just look at cost; but at the overall effectiveness of a service or product.Click To Tweet
My advice to you is this … the next time you are looking for a particular app, product or service, ask yourself these 3 questions:
- Which product or service best meets my needs and provides ALL of the features I need and want it to provide in order to move my business forward.
- Will paying a little more for this product or service save me time?
- Will it provide the value and benefit necessary to help me effectively grow my business?
Look at the overall value and benefit to your business rather than just the cost.
If a lower cost or free product or service can give you the best value and benefit and move your business forward, great! If not, remember that sometimes you have to spend a little … maybe even a little more, to get the desired results and continue to move your business forward to success!
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Have You Seen The Latest Facebook Changes And Updates? - September 21, 2017
- Client Avatars and Why They Are Important - September 19, 2017
- My Top 3 Online Marketing Tools! - September 14, 2017